[Nut-upsuser] Powerware 5125 works ?

Carsten Jensen tomse at tomse.dk
Mon Dec 5 21:59:06 UTC 2005

Hi there.
At the moment I'm trying to get my HP T1500 XR (Powerware 5125) UPS to
work with NUT.
NUT registers that the UPS is on battery/online, but I just cant get the
program to shut down the computer
I'm using the original cable (thus I didn't enter anything in the
ups.conf file)

If I remove the cable and run the daemon/program the computer will
shutdown after x minutes defined in the
config file (can't remember which one right now)

I also put on a breakbox to see which pins goes active high/low or off
when power has been removed from the UPS, and it seems like it's only 1
pin that goes off (not active low) when that happens, which means I
cannot use the variables like OL = DCD etc..

I'm using FreeBSD 5.4

I'm using 2.0.2 so as far as I understand it, the BCMXCP driver should
already be in that package.

so bottom line.. I cannot make my computer to shutdown after x minutes
defined in the config, even though the software registers the UPS is on
battery.

please help me out here, since I'm getting quite frustrated.. the
powerware software for FreeBSD costs as much as the UPS itself, and I
only need the shutdown ability.

best regards
Carsten Jensen