[Nut-upsuser] Tripp Lite Internet Office 350VA

Peter Selinger selinger at mathstat.dal.ca
Tue Dec 6 17:04:20 UTC 2005

Dear Samuel,

thanks for your work. It would be great if you could integrate your
driver with NUT, but check first that it does not overlap with an
existing driver in the driver/ directory. I looked briefly at your
code, but I could not find a human-readable protocol description.

To make a NUT driver is easy; start by looking at docs/new-drivers.txt
in the NUT distribution. Basically, NUT already takes care of all the
stuff that is common to all drivers, such as opening the serial port
and so forth. You just have to fill in the parts that read and write
information to the actual device. If you wrote your daemon in 24
hours, it probably will not take you long to write a NUT driver.

For your information, the Belkin USB models are now supported in the
NUT Development version, which you can download from CVS. See the NUT
"Download" page for instructions on how to get the Development
version.

-- Peter