[Nut-upsuser] Tripp Lite Internet Office 350VA

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 17:16:10 UTC 2005

On 12/6/05, Peter Selinger <selinger at mathstat.dal.ca> wrote:
> Dear Samuel,
>
> thanks for your work. It would be great if you could integrate your
> driver with NUT, but check first that it does not overlap with an
> existing driver in the driver/ directory. I looked briefly at your
> code, but I could not find a human-readable protocol description.

I didn't have much time to look at it either, but it looks like you
are doing some HID-type transactions (but not full HID Power Device
Class stuff).

It might be closest to the tripplite_usb driver (minus the Tripp Lite
protocol). That driver basically encapsulates some of the Tripp Lite
serial protocol in HID packets.

Since the structure of that driver is still fresh in my mind, I can
help you create a driver based on that one (as long as you don't mind
testing).

Can you send the output of 'cat /proc/bus/usb/devices' and 'lsusb
-vvv' (run as root, trimmed to only show the UPS)?

thanks,

--
- Charles Lepple