[Nut-upsuser] Problem with ups.status & Nagios

Miguel P.C. mpcolino at pop.isdefe.es
Tue Dec 27 11:58:18 UTC 2005

Hello.

I've just reinstalled a server that was with RH9 and now it is with
Fedora Core 4.
I'm using the nut package that comes with the distro, version 2.0.2 to
check through serial port a MGE Galaxy PW (comm card 66060).

Everything goes fine except for a little thing, when checking the UPS
with '#upsc ups at localhost' I receive a line like this:
'ups.status: OL OFF'
It used to be:
'ups.status: OL'

This makes nagios complain giving an error in which says:
'UPS CRITICAL - Status=Off Utility=386,0V Batt=100,0% Load=40,0%'
(Also with the latest version of

My questions are:
Has this changed in upsd?, perhaps in mge driver?
Should I change my configuration in any way to readapt it to the new
version?
Is this a normal behaviour?

Thanks in advance.

M*