[Nut-upsuser] Re: apcsmart varibles

arnaud.quette at mgeups.com arnaud.quette at mgeups.com
Wed Jul 20 15:02:42 UTC 2005

Hi Mike,

> I am working on getting NUT working with my Smart-UPS 900 UPS (with the C cable)
>
> For several years, I have used the apcupsd product, but because of the
> nagios support for nut, I am working on switching over.

good switch ;-)

> Anyone have any info? It would be great to get all of the info out of nut.

the one that could have answered your question is Russell Kroll,
the author of this driver (and of most part of NUT). Sadly, he's now
gone, and nobody has yet stepped up to take over this driver.

Anyway, I'll try to give you the few info I have:
1) Russell has merged newapc and the previous apcsmart together.
2) look at apcupsd to see the differences
(which file(s) ?)
3) launch apcsmart in debug mode to see if something
went wrong (using "apcsmart -DDDDD -a APC-900")

FYI, I've some times ago called APCUPSD guys to join
us and take care of all of that. Point still underway, but
seems not on the good way :-(

Arnaud
---
... and much more ...