[Nut-upsuser] Re: cannnot load drivers for a Belkin F6C800-UNV

Drew drew.kay at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 07:25:12 UTC 2005

> Here's what you do to get the sources for the Testing branch:
>
> cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.alioth.debian.org:/cvsroot/nut login
> cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.alioth.debian.org:/cvsroot/nut co -r Testing nut
>
> I know it works because I have a F6C800-UNV myself.
> -- Peter

Thanks,

So after one false start (forgot to emerge libusb) I got the latest
development source compiled cleanly with the newhidups driver. Set my
ups.conf config file up as follows:

---
[belkin]
       driver = newhidups
       port = /dev/ups
       desc = "My Belkin 800VA"
---

I've been following the install guide and it fails at this point,
which is the same point hidups failed as well.

---
yuna nut # /usr/local/ups/bin/upsdrvctl start
Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.0.3-pre1
Network UPS Tools: New USB/HID UPS driver 0.28 (2.0.3-pre1)

No matching USB/HID UPS found
Driver failed to start (exit status=1)
---

At this point I have no idea how to proceed. I'm begining to think I
may be missing something else somewhere. I know the HID kernel modules
are installed as lsmod shows 'usbhid' as one modules listed.
Permissions for both /dev entries involved are owned by the ups
process and are chmod 0777.

I've googled my brains out trying to find some answers but nothing so far.

Thanks,

-Andrew Kay