[Nut-upsuser] Unitek

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 00:13:43 UTC 2005

On 10/4/05, Pierre-Yves Aillet <pierreyves.aillet at free.fr> wrote:
> It has a USB interface, and here is the content of /proc/bus/usb/devices :

OK, thanks. That does sound very familiar.

> Has Unitek been contacted about this unit's protocol specifications ?
> I'm a beginner with linux device drivers, but I'll be glad to help in
> anyway I can.

Generally, the people interested enough to contact the manufacturer
are the people who own the hardware :-)

Looking through some old notes, I think this might end up being very
similar to the fentonups driver. drivers/fentonups.c is serial only,
but we might be able to add a layer to switch between serial and
USB-over-HID. I am already eyeing such a layer to unify the Tripp Lite
protocol support.

If you are interested in helping with development, you probably want
to join the nut-upsdev list, and then we can move the thread there.

--
- Charles Lepple