[Nut-upsuser] NUT does not recognize Effekta MT 1500

Ecologic Groups itgroups at ecologic.de
Wed Oct 5 15:14:45 UTC 2005

Hello everybody,
this is my first post to this list - normally I take some time
to read some messages first to get an impression of the List,
but I have a pressing question to ask, so please forgive me if
I miss the right tone...

I just installed NUT 2.0.2 and try to get it working with our
Effekta MT 1500. In the Drievers List I found this entry:

"Effekta"	"MI/MT/MH"	"2502 cable"	"fentonups"

I went ahead and created this entry in ups.conf:

[UPS_A]
	driver = fentonups
	port = /dev/ttyS0
         desc = "Haupt-USV"

And tried to start the driver:

 > /usr/local/ups/bin/upsdrvctl start

Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.0.2
Network UPS Tools - Fenton UPS driver 1.22 (2.0.2)
Unknown ups - please report this ID string: #SMART-UPS       1500VA
T15Q1CCG
Detected Unknown 500VA on /dev/ttyS0

Where did I go wrong?
Should I add some information about the cable I am using?

Is there a way to get it working with the genericups-driver?
(The thing is, I cannot really fool around, there is a very important
server hanging from that ups)...

Thanks a lot for your help!

Regards,
Daniel