[Nut-upsuser] Small question on the snmp-ups module

Alessandro Ipe aipe at belgacom.net
Thu Oct 6 14:46:22 UTC 2005

Hi,

Our research group is planning to buy an MGE Pulsar Evolution 3000 to protect
our operational computers against power failures with an SNMP network
management card. We would like to connect the UPS only through its network
card (and not via USB or serial cable to another computer) and install the
NUT software (client+server) on each machine to catch the shutdown SNMP
signal from the UPS when its battery gets exhausted (so each computer does
its shutdow itself).

Unfortunately, I was not able to find out in the documentation of the NUT
project if such setup is supported by the snmp-ups module. So will it work ?

Many thanks,

Alessandro.