[Nut-upsuser] NUT does not recognize Effekta MT 1500

Dani Oderbolz oderbolz-lists at ecologic.de
Mon Oct 10 13:57:22 UTC 2005

Arnaud Quette wrote:

> nowhere. As stated in the above trace, this model isn't yet handled
> (based on its string ID).
>
> The "problem" with fentonups is that you need to fill a struct (modeltab
> or mtab2) with:
> - the above string ID (simple part),
> - several data to allow calculation of data such as the Low Battery
> level, ...
>
> Have a look at that file, and if you can, make some testing:
> http://cvs.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/nut/drivers/fentonups.h?rev=1.1.1.1.8.1.2.1&content-type=text/plain&cvsroot=nut

> If you want your UPS to be supported, you'll have to hack a bit yourself...

Hi Arnaud,
thanks for your answer.
I do not have a problem to do some Hacking myself, but before I fumble
around I would like to know the risks.

I found this entry in fentonups.h:

{ "SMART-UPS       1800VA     T18Q16AG", "Effekta", "MT 2000 RM",
50.0, 19.5, 50.0, 19.5, 171, 200, 260, 278, 1 }

And since my UPS is a 1500 VA from the same vendor,
I am tempted to use this line as a start.
Now where can I find the meaning of the fields?
I can make some sense from the first few fields, but what is
lowxfer and highxfer?

Sorry for these newbie questions...

Regards,
Dani