[Nut-upsuser] /dev/ttyS0 permissions problem

Miguel mth at mth.com
Fri Oct 21 11:17:55 UTC 2005

> I've some Debian bugs underway for udev rules.
> Distro using udev sets the serial ports perms to either root:uucp or
> root:dialout or ...
> the trick is so to add the nut user the this group (uucp in your case),
> and
> things will roll.

Yes, of course that will work.

> The doc will be updated according to this

I have written up my procedures for FC4 installation and will post them to
the list as a FAQ.

Q: Who is responsible for the FC4 rpms?

I read that packaged binaries are not part of the 'official' distribution.

There are options in the configuration files that do not make any sense to
me ... in that they seem redundant/inconsistent.

Q: Who/where can I ask about these things?

Miguel