[Nut-upsuser] Nut setup with CyberPower AVR900

Miguel mth at mth.com
Sun Oct 23 18:39:34 UTC 2005

Miguel wrote:

>>> The CyberPower linux module will not work with 2.6 kernels.
>>> That is why I switched to nut.
>>
>> Works fine with my Gentoo 2.6.13 kernel
>
> I just downloaded and tried again.
>
> Indeed it *does* work for me on FC4.
>
> Perhaps it failed for me on FC3
> OR
> perhaps only the .rpm installation failed

I just tried it on another Fedora Core 4 system ... the one where I ran my
tests a few months ago.

It did *not* work on that system. Error message was:

[root at coho upsdaemon]# ./upssrv
./upssrv: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot
[root at coho upsdaemon]#

This file was part of compat-libstdc++-33 rpm package.

Once I installed this rpm I was able to run the CyberPower installation on
Fedora 2.6

Miguel