[Nut-upsuser] /dev/ttyS0 permissions problem

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 08:08:00 UTC 2005

2005/10/21, Miguel <mth at mth.com>:

> > I've some Debian bugs underway for udev rules.
> > Distro using udev sets the serial ports perms to either root:uucp or
> > root:dialout or ...
> > the trick is so to add the nut user the this group (uucp in your case),
> > and
> > things will roll.
>
> Yes, of course that will work.
>
> > The doc will be updated according to this
>
> I have written up my procedures for FC4 installation and will post them to
> the list as a FAQ.
>
> Q: Who is responsible for the FC4 rpms?

IIRC, Than Ngo is the RHFC packager (look at the rpm changelog to have his
address).

I read that packaged binaries are not part of the 'official' distribution.

true, only the source are part of the official distrib, though an effort is
underway to work more closely with packagers (NPS):
https://alioth.debian.org/pm/task.php?group_project_id=41&group_id=30602&func=browse

There are options in the configuration files that do not make any sense to
> me ... in that they seem redundant/inconsistent.
>
> Q: Who/where can I ask about these things?

On upsdev and with Than.

if you post to Than, please copy nut-upsdev list, or at least me if you
don't want to subscribe to upsdev...

Arnaud Quette