[Nut-upsuser] MGE UPS Comet EX RT 7 not setting LB

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 07:57:50 UTC 2006

salut Philippe,

2006/3/31, Philippe Marzouk:
> Hi,
>
> I just got at work an MGE UPS Comet EX RT 7 and I can communicate fine
> with it through mge-shut, it detects correctly when on battery.
>
> I am using Nut 2.0.3 on Linux (RHEL 3).
>
> I am trying to simulate a low battery condition to test my shutdown
> procedure by setting lowbatt to 98%:
>
> driver.parameter.lowbatt: 98
>
> but the ups reaches this value, goes to 97% and still no LB.
>
> I tried to change, in the ups firmware, the threshold for pre-alarm to
> 98% and the ups started its shutdown sequence however nut would still
> not get LB in ups.status so no shutdown.
>
> Any ideas I do not get the LB status ?
>
> I cannot wait for the batteries to reach 20% charge to see if it works
> that way as the load is very low, I would have to wait very long :)
>
> NB: to Arnaud, the model is not correctly detected, I get a "null" model
> name:
>
> Detected (null) [1C0F47062] on /dev/ttyS0

thanks to send me a verbose startup trace (ie "mge-shut -DDDDD ..."),
and 2 upsc outputs (one when OB and one when OL).

I wonder if this issue isn't due to a low charge on output, but it's
however strange. Note that you can meanwhile use the upssched mecanism
to force the shutdown on a battery.charge or battery.runtime (or
whatever) criteria.

If you need, I can provide such a script...

Arnaud