[Nut-upsuser] Just to monitor an UPS

Doug Parsons doparsons at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 4 01:09:38 UTC 2006

Another option that could be used is an Ethernet to Serial converter. It
creates virtual devices that acts just like serial ports but can be
connected to ups units located anywhere on the network. My application is to
use them for ups units on switches and having one server talk to all the ups
units and then the individual servers talk to the one server. The units run
$100-200 so not an option for some.

Just wanted to toss out the idea.

Doug