[Nut-upsuser] newhidups crashes intermittently (double free or corruption)

Niels Baggesen nba at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Apr 4 21:27:06 UTC 2006

On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 10:57:51PM +0200, Nick Rosier wrote:
> Again, with an unstripped version of newhidups. But it doesn't seem to
> give more information; no core dump either. Anything else I can try?
> Strace it and hope the file doesn't fill up my disk :-)

It is probably better to try to run it from gdb, and then get a
traceback when it fails.

But if it really if memory corruption, it may have happened at any time
before it is detected.

Did anybody ever try compiling wnd running ith a memory debugger (dmalloc,
valgrind, ...)

/Niels

Niels Baggesen - @home - Århus - Denmark - nba at users.sourceforge.net
The purpose of computing is insight, not numbers   ---   R W Hamming