[Nut-upsuser] Re: Finding MGE units in North America (was: NUT online compatibility lists)

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 16:10:31 UTC 2006

2006/4/5, Ian Pilcher <i.pilcher at comcast.net>:
> Arnaud Quette wrote:
> >
> > Anyway, I would advice people to lobby for alternative (ie MGE, NUT,
> > Linux and *bsd) at their local reseller. The more people asking for,
> > the more chance there are to find MGE products in the future, and
> > maybe resellers talking about NUT ;-)
> >

> I can't help wondering if you've ever actually tried such "lobbying".
> I've done it occasionally for more than 10 years, going back to my OS/2-
> using days.  After spending hundreds(?) of hours arguing with slack-
> jawed sales clerks who think that Windows is the Internet I have yet to
> record a single success.

I do understand as I've long been lobbying (and continuing to lobby) too.
Before "convincing" MGE, I did the same in some others enterprise,
with mitigated success. But I never miss an oppurtinity to support a
friendly mfr or editor.
That's like marketing, and that's the Redmond's technique: the more
you talk about one thing, the more chance the listener will record it.

I'm convinced that the linux (and *bsd) success is due to the people
behind and the user lobbying.

But when I say lobbying, just giving a word about your preference for
... ie MGE is sufficient enough.

Arnaud