[Nut-upsuser] Square One QP1010

Neil Wilson neilw at dcdata.co.za
Thu Apr 6 06:42:28 UTC 2006

Hi guys,

Please bare with me, as this is my first attempt at setting up a UPS
under Linux.

I've been trying to setup a UPS on one of my clients servers.
The model of the UPS is a Square one QP1000/QP1010 1Kva

I've looked on the following link
http://eu1.networkupstools.org/compat/stable.html

It says that it should be compatible with the "powermust" driver, then
in my /etc/nut/driver.list this driver doesn't exist.

I've searched around quite a bit and from what I've found, is that this
  uses the "megatec protocol", which is the fentonups driver, am I
correct in what I've found out?

I've tried using all sorts of drivers so far, and either I have a faulty
UPS, or I am still using the wrong driver.

This is what I get when using the "fentonups" driver...

root at mail:/var/state/ups# upsdrvctl start
Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.0.0
Network UPS Tools - Fenton UPS driver 1.21 (2.0.0)
Short read during UPS id sequence
Short read during UPS id sequence
Short read during UPS id sequence
Short read during UPS id sequence
Short read during UPS id sequence
Unable to detect a Fenton or Megatec protocol UPS
Driver failed to start (exit status=1)

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Neil Wilson