[Nut-upsuser] Powerware 9120 serial connection via USB/serialdongle

Ken Yee kenkyee at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 10 17:28:26 UTC 2006

--- Kjell Claesson <kjell.claesson at telia.com> wrote:
> The thing is that if you have run it on the serial
> before you go to use the bcmxcp_usb driver it
> should be set to 'request_only_mode'.

Sounds like you basically have to run it in serial
mode to keep the Powerware from periodically sending
data when the driver doesn't expect it :-)

One other quick question: is this setting stored
in nvram?  I.e., if I shut down the Powerware after
I switch to USB, will I have to plug in the serial
cable and bring the bcmxcp driver up before I use
the bcmxcp_usb driver again?

 thanks,

 ken