[Nut-upsuser] Ablerex MARS

lonely wolf wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Fri Apr 21 12:07:17 UTC 2006

Hello

    I have just purchased a Mars Convertible MS3000RT UPS
(http://www.uisabler.com.tw/HTM/product-marsC.htm#) which has a RS-232
interface. According to the manual,
- the RS232 uses just the RX/TX pins
- it speaks MegaTec RUPS II

    I have installed nut-2.0.3 and using the fentonups driver, I get
most of the information OK:
[root at wolfy tmp]# upsc ablerex at localhost
battery.charge: 100.0
battery.voltage: 2.19
driver.name: fentonups
driver.version: 2.0.3
driver.version.internal: 1.22
input.frequency: 50.0
input.voltage: 225.3
output.voltage: 220.0
ups.load: 007
ups.mfr: Ablerex
ups.model: PowerPure S3000RT
ups.status: OL
ups.temperature: 39.9

    However, there are two values which are not OK: battery.charge:
100.0 and battery.voltage: 2.19. The 100.0 value was shown even
immediately after a complete drain of the UPS. About 2 hours later the
software included in the package ("UPSilon 2000") claimed the battery
was charged 89% (increased to 95% half an hour later), value which is
much closer to reality then the 100% shown by nut. After an hour of
google and reading of the online nut docs I have no clue how to convince
nut to show the real values. Could anyone please assist me ?

--
     Manuel Wolfshant       linux registered user #131416
        IT manager    NoBug Consulting Romania