[Nut-upsuser] Client behind firewall

Mike Lowrie mlowrie at vendetta.ca
Sat Dec 9 00:13:58 CET 2006

Hey,

I have a Compaq T2000 UPS that I use to power my firewall, dmz, and two
internal machines and I've just started implementing UPS monitoring to
shut the systems down in the event of an outage instead of relying on
me, but I've run into a snag.

Reading the documentation, it seems the client has to contact the
server. The problem is I really don't want to open a port form the dmz
to the internal network where the master UPS machine resides. I have
data from various clients that I can't have comprised.

Aside from buying another UPS, is there anything anyone can suggest? Is
there no way for the server to send commands to the client instead?

I suppose I could make the UPS master the DMZ machine, but that just
seems wrong.

Any suggestions appreciated!
Mike