[Nut-upsuser] Error during make: *** No rule to make target `usb.h', needed by `tripplite-hid.o'. Stop.

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 12:35:44 UTC 2006

Hi Phil,

2006/7/25, Phil DeBoest <phil at deboest.com>:
> Arnaud Quette wrote:

> >> configure
> >> [...]
> >>
> >> Actually, it looks like tripplite-hid is a sub-driver of newhidups, so
> >> that could be confusing the configure script as well.
> >>

> > Kjell was right. a depend update was needed, and done this afternoon.
> > Everything seems fine now.
> > But it's also right that the above call isn't good...
> >
> > Arnaud

> Wow, this is a great list. Lots of very competent help very quickly.
> Thanks, guys!

thanks a lot. That's the kind of comment that warms our little coders heart ;-)

>  I downloaded the revision 474, configured with:
> ./configure --with-user=nut --with-drivers=newhidups

caution: 474 is from JD-NewConf branches, which is a special
development branch for the new configuration.

prefer to use the trunk for your test, so that you can update it
easilly later on, and test the latest mainstream developments:
svn co svn://svn.debian.org/nut/trunk

> and everything built and installed great.
>
>  I still have the same problem when I try to start the driver. That,
> however, is in another thread.
>
> Thanks again.
> Phil

thanks for the feedback,