[Nut-upsuser] old Powercom UPS

Criggie criggie at criggie.dyndns.org
Tue May 2 01:13:30 UTC 2006

Charles Lepple wrote:
> On 5/1/06, Criggie <criggie at criggie.dyndns.org> wrote:
>> Serial plugged in.... statserial /dev/ttyS0 -d
>> 16742
>
> If you figure out that it is indeed a contact-closure UPS, and you
> have a working contact-closure cable, then running statserial without
> "-d" will show you the appropriate signal names needed to construct a
> custom genericups configuration.

Its a rather old PCM Powercom UPS-1200-A   I have tried the serial cables
from a fenton UPS (green ones) and a black APC 940-0024C cable without
success.  Since the statserial output doesn't change, it must be some
format of smart signal?

I've tried all the different drivers that seem to mention powercom and had
no luck from any of them.

UPS is about 10 years old - I've just replaced the batteries for the third
time.  And of course there's no manual or anything on the web about it.

Where do I go from here, short of outright replacement?

--
Criggie