[Nut-upsuser] Eaton Powerware

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed May 10 01:59:48 UTC 2006

On 5/9/06, John Anderson <john at drc.org.nz> wrote:

> > John: what does 'grep LIBUSB config.log' return?
>
> LIBUSB_CFLAGS=''
> LIBUSB_LIBS=''

That's why the libusb-based drivers are not being added to the Makefile.

> I am using Debian sarge. I have package libusb 0.1.4.  I get a conflict
> when I try and install libusb-dev.

What's the error message?

Debian has strange names and version numbers for some libraries. The
package name in sarge is libusb-0.1-4 (0.1 branch, 4th (or 5th)
revision of the shared library), but the version is probably something
like 2:0.1.10a-9.sarge.1. If it is something older (part after .10a-
is less than 9) then you probably want to update libusb-0.1-4 before
installing libusb-dev.

If that doesn't work, you could download and build libusb in /usr/local.

--
- Charles Lepple