[Nut-upsuser] Eaton Powerware 5110 UPS - progress of sorts

John john at drc.org.nz
Thu May 11 03:13:59 UTC 2006

Hi,

I've made progress of sorts. I was getting so many conflicts over gcc
and g++, I decided to go for a clean install.

I have compiled the driver without a hitch and connected the machine via
USB and it has registered although it also adds that "USB Device 2 is
not claimed by any active driver".

I then run the following and get an error message:

--------------------------
root at igor:/usr/local/ups/bin# ./bcmxcp_usb -DD -a pw5110 -u root
Network UPS Tools - BCMXCP UPS driver 0.10 (2.0.3)

debug level is '2'
Can't reset POWERWARE USB endpoint
Unable to find POWERWARE UPS device on USB bus

Things to try:

 - Connect UPS device to USB bus

 - Run this driver as another user (upsdrvctl -u or 'user=...' in ups.conf).
   See upsdrvctl(8) and ups.conf(5).

Fatal error: unusable configuration
Thanks very much for all the help so far, I hope someone can help me out
with this.

Kind regards,

John