[Nut-upsuser] Tripp Lite OMNI1000LCD

Joseph Scanlan n7xsd at arrl.net
Fri May 12 16:24:56 UTC 2006

On Thu, 11 May 2006, Joseph Scanlan wrote:

> On Thu, 11 May 2006, Charles Lepple wrote:
>
>> However, Peter Selinger has made some changes post-2.0.3 to better handle
>> this UPS, so I would advise checking out the trunk from SVN:
>>
>>   http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsdev/2006-February/000710.html
>
> I'll RTFM  and give it a try.

I'm still baffled by "Unable to get Report descriptor".

kaylee# cat /etc/nut/ups.conf
[ups0]
         driver = newhidups
         port = auto
         product = "TRIPP LITE UPS"
         productid = 2005
         serial = "692195 A"
kaylee#
kaylee# newhidups -a ups0 -DDDDD -u root
Network UPS Tools: New USB/HID UPS driver 0.28 (2.1.0)

debug level is '5'
[SNIP]
Checking device (09AE/2005) (001/006)
- VendorID: 09ae
- ProductID: 2005
- Manufacturer: Tripp Lite
- Product: TRIPP LITE UPS
- Serial Number: 692195 A
- Bus: 001
Trying to match device
Device matches
HID descriptor retrieved (Reportlen = 459)
Unable to get Report descriptor (-75)
Checking device (0000/0000) (001/001)
- VendorID: 0000
- ProductID: 0000
- Manufacturer: Linux 2.6.15.4-n7xsd.2 ohci_hcd
- Product: OHCI Host Controller
- Serial Number: 0000:00:03.0
- Bus: 001
Trying to match device
Device does not match - skipping
No appropriate HID device found
No matching USB/HID UPS found

Joseph Scanlan                               http://www.qsl.net/n7xsd
+1-702-455-3679                               http://n7xsd.dyndns.org
jps at co.clark.nv.us (work)                   (not work) n7xsd at arrl.net

So he went inside there to take on what he found.
But he never escaped them, for who can escape what he desires?
                                               --Tony Banks of Genesis
                                                    in "The Lady Lies"