[Nut-upsuser] MGE Pulsar Extreme communication problems

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Mon May 22 07:10:49 UTC 2006

Hi Daniel,

sorry for the long delay to answer...

2006/5/22, Daniel O'Connor <doconnor at gsoft.com.au>:
> On Tuesday 16 May 2006 10:14, Daniel O'Connor wrote:
> > I am trying to talk to an MGE Pulsar Extreme UPS over RS232 with the
> > mge-shut driver but I'm having some problems.
>
> ..
> Well I figured out my shutdown delay problem - setting it starts the shutdown
> process (this is different to the APC model which is what I have used in the
> past)

right. And note that this is true for any newhidups supported device,
not only MGE. If you want to change these delays, have a look at the
manpage for ondelay and offdelay.

> I still can't turn the outlets on and off though, the value doesn't change
> from 0 :( I have tried a few random numbers but no luck. Has anyone had this
> work? I've tested it using the Win32 software and it does switch so I at
> least know the hardware isn't broken :)

I haven't yet had time to look at this, but there might be a
regression as it was working before!

> Also I think there is a bug in mge-shut.c - line 370 should read..
>         if (!strcasecmp(cmdname, "test.battery.stop")) {
>
> (ie cut and paste error)

right, queued for fix
(https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=303468&group_id=30602&atid=411544).

thanks for your reports.