[Nut-upsuser] Re: NUT mustek UPS driver (fwd)

Alexander Kostadinov avalon at dolphin-3.bg
Tue May 30 07:24:42 UTC 2006

Hallo again. Below I give you the information you told me to give. I just
want ot mantion that 2,31V should be the voltage of the battery cells. One
friend told me that it should be 1,2V so every battery should be 12V and
the the 3 batteries in the unit should be 36V. (The UPS has 3 batteries of
12V - explained in the documentation).
The mustek driver works fine but gives wrong battery capacity percents
because it also expects battery but not cell voltage.

On Fri, 26 May 2006, Carlos Rodrigues wrote:

> "mustek" is all but deprecated, so the effort should be to get
> powermust/megatec working.
>
> Since you have the latest development code installed, can you please
> run "/path/to/megatec -DDDD -a the_name_for_your_ups" (this without
> starting NUT normally - i.e. without upsd, upsmon, etc) and send me
> the output?

Here is the web page:
http://www.mustek.de/eng_/html/produkte/ups1000online.htm

I paste here the output from the command:
debug level is '4'
Starting UPS detection process...
Attempting to detect the UPS...
Sending "F" command...
"F" command successful.
Sending "Q1" command...
"Q1" command successful.
Attempting to detect the UPS...
Sending "F" command...
"F" command successful.
Sending "Q1" command...
"Q1" command successful.
Attempting to detect the UPS...
Sending "F" command...
"F" command successful.
Sending "Q1" command...
"Q1" command successful.
Attempting to detect the UPS...
Sending "F" command...
"F" command successful.
Sending "Q1" command...
"Q1" command successful.
Attempting to detect the UPS...
Sending "F" command...
"F" command successful.
Sending "Q1" command...
"Q1" command successful.
0 out of 5 detection attempts failed (minimum failures: 2).
Asking for UPS information ("I" command)...
UPS doesn't return any information about itself.
Megatec protocol UPS detected.
Asking for UPS power ratings ("F" command)...
UPS power ratings: 220.0 005 036.0 50.0
Asking for UPS status ("Q1" command)...
UPS status: 226.5 227.9 221.0 031 50.0 2.31 25.0 00000001
This UPS has an unsupported combination of battery voltage/number of
batteries. The "battery.charge" value will be bogus.
Done setting up the UPS.
Asking for UPS status ("Q1" command)...
UPS doesn't return any information about its status.
dstate_init: sock /var/state/ups/D3_main open on fd 5