[Nut-upsuser] No communication with UPS

Daryl K Sayers daryl at ci.com.au
Wed May 31 06:14:57 UTC 2006

Hi all,
I have a MGE Ellipse 600 UPS connected to com1 on a PC running FreeBSD
4.11 with nut-2.0.2_1 installed. I have everything working and operational.
BUT.
on rare occasions I reboot my machine and when it comes up I get the
following error:

Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.0.2
Network UPS Tools - MGE UPS SYSTEMS/SHUT driver 0.64 (2.0.2)
No communication with UPS
Driver failed to start (exit status=1)

If I keep retrying using '/usr/local/libexec/nut/upsdrvctl start '
I keep getting the same error. What I have done in the past is to
shutdown the machine and unplug all the cables and turn the UPS off. I
then wait a period of time and plug everything back in and power back on.
This randomly works and I am able to get a connection back sometimes.

Now, I dont know if this is a nut problem not initializing corectly or
its a UPS problem where it locks up and doesnt want to talk. Has anyone
else seen the problem and what was the solution.

--
Daryl Sayers                             Direct: +612 95525510
Corinthian Engineering                   Office: +612 95525500
26-32 Pirrama Rd                          email: daryl at ci.com.au
Pyrmont NSW 2009 Australia                  www: http://www.ci.com.au