[Nut-upsuser] Tripplite SU2200XL

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Wed May 31 23:45:08 UTC 2006

That's odd. I'm running CentOS4 which is a clone of RHEL4. I don't see any nut
packages. I'm recompiling from a Fedora 4 source package.

Have you tested your configuration? Does nut properly detect low battery
conditions with this interface and properly shut down your host?

Kirk Bocek

Gregory Gulik wrote:
> I don't recall needing to do anything special.
> If it matters I'm running the NUT that comes with RHEL4 which is 2.0.0
>
> Kirk Bocek wrote:
>> Gregory,
>> I installed an SNMP web card in my Tripplite ups and here's what I get:
>>
>> $upsc tripplite1-snmp at localhost
>> battery.charge: 100.0
>> battery.voltage: 008.1
>> driver.name: snmp-ups
>> driver.parameter.mibs: ietf
>> driver.parameter.pollfreq: 15
>> driver.parameter.port: tripplite1.pvt
>> driver.parameter.snmp_version: v1
>> driver.version: 2.0.3
>> driver.version.internal: 0.41
>> input.frequency: 005.9
>> input.voltage: 118.0
>> ups.firmware.aux: 12.03.0024
>> ups.load: 034.0
>> ups.mfr: Tripp Lite
>> ups.model: SU2200XL
>> ups.status: OL
>>
>> The battery.voltage and input.frequency values appear to be off by a factor of 10.
>> Did you do anything special to your install?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Kirk Bocek
>>
>> Gregory Gulik wrote:
>>
>>> I have a very similar UPS with the SNMP module and it works fine.  Here
>>> are all the fields I get with upsc:
>>>
>>> battery.charge: 100.0
>>> battery.voltage: 040.8
>>> driver.name: snmp-ups
>>> driver.parameter.port: tripplite1
>>> driver.version: 2.0.0
>>> driver.version.internal: 0.40
>>> input.frequency: 059.9
>>> input.voltage: 115.0
>>> ups.firmware.aux: Tripp Lite 3.0.37 (GAPI 2.0)
>>> ups.load: 020.0
>>> ups.mfr: Tripp Lite
>>> ups.model: SMART1500RMXL2Ua