[Nut-upsuser] Sweex 1000VA UPS

YvesDM ydmlog at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 08:29:30 CET 2006

On 11/8/06, Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com> wrote:

> genericups does not have very many ways to fail. What if you try
> starting the driver directly, such as:
>
>    /lib/nut/genericups -a ups_name

Hi,
When I do:

radius1:/etc/nut# /lib/nut/genericups -a ups_name
Network UPS Tools - Generic UPS driver 1.30 (2.0.1)
No upstype set - see help text / man page!

radius1:/etc/nut# /lib/nut/genericups upstype=7 -a ups_name
Network UPS Tools - Generic UPS driver 1.30 (2.0.1)
No upstype set - see help text / man page!

My ups.conf looks like this:

radius1:/etc/nut# cat ups.conf
# Network UPS Tools: example ups.conf
#
user = nut

[ups_name]
        driver = genericups upstype=7
        port = /dev/ttyS0
        desc = "Sweex 1000VA UPS"

You can also check the system logs for error messages.

I don't get any messages in syslog from trying this.
I received data stale and/or connection problems when I tried other drivers
before.
Maybe it's time to start looking out for another ups?
I leave for holidays on 20/11 and I want this of my back by that time.

Sincerely, Yves