[Nut-upsuser] Shutdown after 5 minutes?

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Sat Sep 16 15:49:16 UTC 2006

Peter Selinger wrote:
> Rob wrote:
>> However, I did notice that in windows, the default setting for the UPS
>> software was to shutdown 5 minutes after power had been removed.  It's
>> possible that the UPS defaults to shut down after 5 minutes unless the
>> software configures it differently.  That wouldn't explain why it is

My UPSses' Winpower software has a checkmark 'Begin shutdown immediately
while battery low' without specifying the battery low condition.
Default is that the checkmark is set.
I now removed the checkmark so that the PC runs until 10 minutes is left
and then the shutdown is initiated, independent of `battery low` condition.
We'll see if that makes a difference. (also for the Linux box)

(yes, I connected the serial cable of the Linux UPS to the Windoze box)

Udo