[Nut-upsuser] newhidups usb interface claiming warning

Denis Hainsworth denis at alumni.brandeis.edu
Sun Sep 17 15:03:43 UTC 2006

On Sun, Sep 17, 2006 at 11:54:32AM -0300, Peter Selinger wrote:
> Denis Hainsworth wrote:
> >
> > > usb 1-1: usbfs: process 32652 (newhidups) did not claim interface 0
> > > before use
> >
> > so I found two places where supposedly you guys have added code to
> > address the above issue I am having.
>
> Maybe you can tell us what two places you are talking about? -- Peter

sorry for being vague. I meant I saw at least two entries in the
newhidups CHANGES file where in 2.0.3preX you guys addressed claim()
issues.  since I had 2.0.3 I was confused by why i would still be
getting the mesage.  obviously its a complex interaction of your driver,
kernel stuff and aparently somthing from the util-linux package.

-denis