[Nut-upsuser] tripp lite SMART2200RMXL2U -- empty ups.status

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 17:00:48 UTC 2006

On 9/18/06, Jeff Knerr <knerr at cs.swarthmore.edu> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 11:48:32AM -0400, Charles Lepple wrote:
>  >> >Attached to Tripp Lite SMART2200RMXL2U
>  >> >Unknown value for s[2]: 0x34
>  >>
>  >> That's the culprit.
>  >>
>  >> I have not had much testing time with the RM2U-style UPSes, so I was
>  >> not able to map all of the status values to NUT ups.status lines.
>  >>
>  >> Would you have time to do some off-line testing with this UPS, or is
>  >> it powering something mission-critical right now?
>
>  Hi Charles. I'd love to help test this. It's just powering a monitor so
>  far. What's the first step?

You might more of a load for this device - maybe an extra monitor or two.

Try the following test:

( while true; do
   date
   upsc tripplite at localhost |grep debug
   sleep 30
done ) | tee logfile

and then unplug the UPS line power.

Note the times when the inputs or UPS front panel change state (power
pulled; low battery; load off; power re-applied, etc.)

--
- Charles Lepple