[Nut-upsuser] apcsmart constant "read failure" errors

Chris Cameron Chris.Cameron at NetThruPut.com
Fri Sep 22 01:09:46 UTC 2006

Charles Lepple wrote:
> On 9/21/06, Chris Cameron <Chris.Cameron at netthruput.com> wrote:
>> Anyone know what I can do to get this thing to quit complaining?
>
> Does 'upsc SmartUPS1400 at localhost' actually return anything?
>
> Can you tell us a little more about your system?

Client programs work fine most the time.

[ccameron at cgydc002 bin]$ sudo ./upsc SmartUPS1400 at localhost
battery.alarm.threshold: 0
battery.charge: 100.0
battery.charge.restart: 15
... etc.

Nagios has a client program, which fails maybe 20% of the time.

I'm not sure what more useful information I can give. It's a RedHat 9
system running NUT 2.0.4. The UPS is a SmartUPS 1400, connected via a
serial cable. At one point this was working fine, then these came out of
no where. This was on NUT 2.0.1 I believe. I'm using the same config
files now as with the previous version.

ups.conf:
[SmartUPS1400]
        driver = apcsmart