[Nut-upsuser] apcsmart constant "read failure" errors

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 02:15:06 UTC 2006

On 9/21/06, Chris Cameron <Chris.Cameron at netthruput.com> wrote:
> Client programs work fine most the time.
>
> [ccameron at cgydc002 bin]$ sudo ./upsc SmartUPS1400 at localhost

Since upsc connects over TCP, you probably don't need to run it as root.

> Nagios has a client program, which fails maybe 20% of the time.

You may want to check on this. The connection messages are normal, but
it seems like upsd is still trying to write other variables when
Nagios disconnects.

Something may have changed in the logging configuration. There was
some discussion about lowering the syslog priority of some of the NUT
clients, but I'm not sure where that went. It's a simple fix in the
source, though.

--
- Charles Lepple