[Nut-upsuser] tripp lite SMART2200RMXL2U -- empty ups.status (second test)

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 16:22:20 UTC 2006

On 9/22/06, Jeff Knerr <knerr at cs.swarthmore.edu> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 11:56:09PM -0400, Charles Lepple wrote:
>  >> I added some more code to SVN trunk (rev 527). Let me know how it
>  >> goes. You might not want to limit it to just ups.debug, as I tried to
>  >> apply some old protocol notes to decoding the values that come back.
>
>  Thanks, Charles. I ran another test using rev 527. It looks better (the
>  status line now says OL), but I'm not sure about a few things. I put
>  the debug output here: http://www.cs.swarthmore.edu/~knerr/ups.html
>  Let me know if that's not the best format for you.
>
>  Here are my observations from the debug data:
>
>  - battery.test.status always says "Battery state unknown" (not sure if
>    that's important or not)

Have you ever done a battery test on that unit? I think it's just
saying that there are no test results to report. I can change that
wording.

There are some "instant commands" defined for this UPS, including one
to start a battery test.

>  - ups.status says OL even after I pull the plug. Should it say "on
>    battery" or something?

Yes, it should.

Note that "ups.debug.S" stays the same when on battery - this is
different from the OMNIVS series.

>  - ups.temperature looks ok until I pull the plug, then goes to -20.6
>    (but I doubt I'll use this for anything)

Interesting. I might be off by a character on parsing that field.

>  - once the battery light goes red, the ups.status changes to OL LB, so
>    that seems to work!
>
>  Let me know if you think there's more to fix here. And thanks again for
>  helping with this.

No problem. I'll be out all weekend, but maybe I can play with the
code again next week. Thanks again for the feedback.

--
- Charles Lepple