[Nut-upsuser] Ellipse 750 USBS auto shutdown and NUT.

Frédéric POTTER frederic at potter.fr
Wed Sep 27 06:27:32 UTC 2006

Hello,

I've installed & configured NUT 2.0.4 connected over a serial port to an MGE
USBS 750.

When the UPS enters the 'critical' state (ie, battery load below the defined
battery.charge.low AND power input off), the UPS just shutdown itself
instead of notifying NUT.
When I say the UPS just shutdown, I mean it autonomously shut down itself
within one second after reaching the low battery state (which is defaulted
to 30%). When the power is restored, the UPS restarts properly.

I was not able to find internal parameters within the UPS that would allow
me to cancel this behavior (and have the usual behavior of the UPS sending
an alarm to NUT and waiting to be shutdown by the "halt" script upsdrvctl
shutdown command).

My guess is that the UPS "knows" if it is connected to an host or not.
Maybee in case of using the serial port this does not work ? (and the UPS
thinks it is not suppervised ?) Maybee shall NUT send it some command at
some point to notify this ?

Any help appreciated.

thanks

fred