[Nut-upsuser] HP R3000 XR, warning or perhaps error

Gregory Orange gregory.orange at metoceanengineers.com
Tue Apr 17 07:50:35 UTC 2007

Hi,

So far I've gleaned heaps of useful info from the list and got mostly
running with NUT. There was a thread by Paul Battaglia and Kjell
Claesson about the R3000 which has helped me get so far, but now with
the patched driver I still have this on startup:
# /usr/local/ups/bin/upsdrvctl start
Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.0.5
Network UPS Tools - BCMXCP UPS driver 0.11 (2.0.5)

Communications with UPS lost: Error executing command
Communications with UPS lost: Error executing command
Communications with UPS lost: Error executing command
Communications with UPS re-established
Connected to UPS on /dev/ttyS0 baudrate: 9600
Model = HP R3000 XR      3000VA
Firmware = Inve:01.09 Netw:03.60
Shutdown delay =  120 seconds
#

It all seems to work but the initial errors or warnings concern me. I'm
running stable 2.05 built from source.

Thanks,
Greg.