[Nut-upsuser] HP R3000 XR, warning or perhaps error

Kjell Claesson kjell.claesson at epost.tidanet.se
Tue Apr 17 14:05:59 UTC 2007

Hi Gregory,

tis 2007-04-17 klockan 15:50 +0800 skrev Gregory Orange:
> Hi,
>
> So far I've gleaned heaps of useful info from the list and got mostly
> running with NUT. There was a thread by Paul Battaglia and Kjell
> Claesson about the R3000 which has helped me get so far, but now with
> the patched driver I still have this on startup:
> # /usr/local/ups/bin/upsdrvctl start
> Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.0.5
> Network UPS Tools - BCMXCP UPS driver 0.11 (2.0.5)
>
> Communications with UPS lost: Error executing command
> Communications with UPS lost: Error executing command
> Communications with UPS lost: Error executing command
> Communications with UPS re-established
> Connected to UPS on /dev/ttyS0 baudrate: 9600
> Model = HP R3000 XR      3000VA
> Firmware = Inve:01.09 Netw:03.60
> Shutdown delay =  120 seconds
> #
>
> It all seems to work but the initial errors or warnings concern me. I'm
> running stable 2.05 built from source.

This come from the baudhunting function in the driver.
If you set the baud_rate in the ups.conf to 9600 You don't get this
errors.

Ex:
[pw5115]
    driver = bcmxcp
    port = /dev/ttyS0
    shutdown_delay = 90
    baud_rate = 9600
    desc = "COM ups"

It's done this way because if you don't know the baudrate it test
from 1200 to 19200 baud and connect on the right speed.

The first error is 1200 next 2400 then 4800 and then you have
a successful connect on 9600.

Regards
Kjell