[Nut-upsuser] HP R3000 XR, warning or perhaps error

Gregory Orange gregory.orange at metoceanengineers.com
Wed Apr 18 07:51:23 UTC 2007

Arnaud Quette wrote:
> 2007/4/17, Kjell Claesson <kjell.claesson at epost.tidanet.se>:
>> > It all seems to work but the initial errors or warnings concern me. I'm
>> > running stable 2.05 built from source.
>>
>> This come from the baudhunting function in the driver.
>> If you set the baud_rate in the ups.conf to 9600 You don't get this
>> errors.
>
> can't this be filtered to avoid user confusion?

(Oops, sending to list this time)

Or for another suggestion, the message could be changed to something like:
No baud rate specified in UPS configuration file ups.conf, attempting
baud rate auto detection...
Attempting communication at 2400 baud... failed
Attempting communication at 4800 baud... failed
Attempting communication at 9600 baud... success

That would make it look less like debug info and more like useful output
for a user like me who is somewhere in between naive and proficient.

Greg.