[Nut-upsuser] upsd does not strt up

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Fri Apr 20 08:53:40 UTC 2007

> Upsd does not start.

Most likely, another instance of upsd is already running. You need to kill
that one first, before starting a new one.

> #  /usr/local/ups/sbin/upsd -DDDD
> Network UPS Tools upsd 2.1.0
> listen_add: added 0.0.0.0:3493
> setuptcp: try to bind to 0.0.0.0 port 3493
> not listening on 0.0.0.0 port 3493

The output of 'netstat -pan --inet --inet6 | grep 3493' may help to
determine if the port is already claimed.

> I suspect it cannot bind to one of my interfaces, how can I specify the
> interface that it should bind to?

If you're using the development version (which you do) this can be
configured in upsd.conf through the LISTEN directive (see 'man 5
upsd.conf' for the syntax).

Eindhoven - The Netherlands