[Nut-upsuser] USB problem as user

Peter Selinger selinger at mathstat.dal.ca
Fri Apr 20 17:36:06 UTC 2007

There are two solutions, and you almost mentioned them yourself.

(1) run the driver and upsd with -u root, or

(2) change the permissions for the USB device corresponding to your
    UPS, which is most likely /proc/bus/usb/XXX/YYY, for certain
    values of XXX and YYY.

If you do not have hotplugging or udev, then you cannot automate step
(2).

-- Peter