[Nut-upsuser] Sending snmp traps from a serial ups

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 12:26:35 UTC 2007

A little more explanation of SNMP support in NUT:

The snmp-ups driver in NUT queries existing SNMP agents, such as those
on SNMP management cards in high-end UPSes.

It sounds like you want an SNMP agent that publishes NUT information,
which is the "other side" of the SNMP equation.

If you search the NUT archives for Cacti, you will find some starting
points for monitoring that could probably be adapted to other
monitoring systems.

On 4/23/07, Arnaud Quette <aquette.dev at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Markus,
>
> 2007/4/20, Markus Kress <Markus.Kress at gls-itservices.com>:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I want to poll ups information (status, load, temprature etc.) from a Linux
> > server with snmp. The ups is connected with a serial cable and I'm using
> > nut.
> > It is possible to transfer Information from ups nut to the linux smnpd
> > (with some scripts?) and to make some extention to the mib database.
> >
> > I know, my question is not ups nut related.
>
> your question is linked to UPS / NUT ;-)
> I've a long time ago pushed the UPS SNMP Agent, but it has lacked from
> interested developers: http://eu1.networkupstools.org/server-projects/
>
> This project still need to be resurrected.
>
> You otherwise can rely upon one of our many NMS integration (Nagios,
> Big Syster, Cacti, MonAmi,...):
> http://eu1.networkupstools.org/client-projects/
>
> Arnaud
> --
> Linux / Unix Expert - MGE UPS SYSTEMS - R&D Dpt
> Network UPS Tools (NUT) Project Leader - http://www.networkupstools.org/
> Debian Developer - http://people.debian.org/~aquette/
> OpenSource Developer - http://arnaud.quette.free.fr/

- Charles Lepple