[Nut-upsuser] Re: Sweex UPS 500VA and NUT problem

Carlos Rodrigues carlos.efr at mail.telepac.pt
Wed Apr 25 19:57:30 UTC 2007

> Arjan DJ wrote:
> > I have only one problem: when I'm really using the UPS (upsc shows "OB") my
> > PC just turns off after a couple of minutes (ungracefully!). The UPS just
> > turns off and so does the PC.
> > The serial cable/etc is all OK.

This seems like a problem with the UPS itself.

To know for sure, just stop NUT (make sure the driver isn't running,
etc) and disconnect the UPS from the wall. If the UPS still dies off
after a few minutes, then there's something wrong with the UPS and it
isn't anything the driver is doing.

It's best to try this with the UPS powering something else other than
your computer, like a light bulb. However, a light bulb might end up
not causing this behavior (I had a Mustek powermust that had this
problem, it would die off when powering the computer and disconnected
from the wall, but otherwise worked fine when connected to a light
bulb).

--
Carlos Rodrigues