[Nut-upsuser] New UPS protocol choice - Dynamix PROGRESS

Carlos Rodrigues carlos.efr at mail.telepac.pt
Fri Aug 31 15:05:06 UTC 2007

On 8/31/07, Criggie <criggie at criggie.dyndns.org> wrote:
> Yes - Megatec works perfectly in nut 2.2  The only thing that has been
> lost is "battery-charge" percentage.

If you find the "battery.voltage" when the UPS is fully discharged,
and the voltage when the UPS is fully charged, you can use those two
values in "ups.conf", in the "battvolts" parameter (for example:
"battvolts=11.5:13.6).

To find these values, the easiest way is to remove any important stuff
being powered by the ups, and then run "megatec -DDD -a yourups >
logfile.txt". And then sending me the output. I'll check the values to
see if they can be added to the built-in table in the driver.

> Megatec has introduced "UPS-temperature" but sadly it reads 0 for me.

That means your model has no temperature sensor.

--
Carlos Rodrigues