[Nut-upsuser] Re: NUT help

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 17:36:30 CET 2007

On 2/12/07, Herman J van der Merwe <herman at mercygate.com> wrote:
> OK, I have NUT up and running, but I want other FreeBSD hosts (machines) to
> monitor the UPS as well and when the UPS sends a shutdown, they must
> shutdown as well.
>
> According to the INSTALL.txt file, I ,ust add an ACL entry for every host.
>
> The format NUT uses is one of ACL <myhost> <myhost IP>
>
> My problem is that all my hosts are on DHCP, so I cannot assign a IP address
> to a host using a ACL entry, as the IP addresses does change often. Secondly
> I have laptops coming and going as well that must be able to monitor.
>
> Is there a way to use our DNS server's host file? or
> Is there a way to only define a network IP range such as 172.16.20.  and
> ommit host names?

>From 'man upsd.conf':

       ACL name netblock

              Define an Access Control List (ACL) called name that
contains the network netblock.  The netblock can be either the old
style, such as this for a traditional "class C":

                   ACL mynet 192.168.50.0/255.255.255.0

              Or, you can use new$B!>(Bstyle "CIDR format":

                   ACL mynet 192.168.50.0/24

In your case, it sounds like you could use "ACL mynet 172.16.20.0/24".

--
- Charles Lepple