[Nut-upsuser] MGE Nova AVR 600 USB on FreeBSD

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Fri Feb 16 05:07:31 CET 2007

On Friday 16 February 2007 13:22, Rob Wise wrote:
> I've seen a few emails in the archives about problems polling MGE UPSs
> via USB under FreeBSD, but unfortunately I didn't find a solution in
> them that works for me.

I haven't been able to get it working, I stuck with RS232 :(

> I could use some suggestions on where to go from here.  I'm happy to
> test code, capture debugs, etc, to get these FreeBSD related problems
> sorted out.

I believe it is a bug in the ugen driver or the USB stack but it's really hard
to say.

You could try the 'usb4bsd' patches. I tried older ones without much success
but the author was responsive (I just haven't had time to try the newest
patches yet).

http://www.turbocat.net/~hselasky/usb4bsd/

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum