[Nut-upsuser] MGE Nova AVR 600 USB on FreeBSD

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Mon Feb 19 11:01:45 CET 2007

[...]

> Also your comment "(so the driver only polls the UPS)" - does this
> mean the UPS will not be able to notify NUT of a power failure as it
> occurs, but we'll pick it up next time NUT polls?

As Arnaud already answered, yes. You may want to reduce the interval
between polls by setting 'pollfreq = 10' in ups.conf, to lower this from
the default 30 seconds, so that variables will be updated more frequently.
Don't overdo this however, you don't want to beat the UPS to death with
polling requests. You may get away with 'pollfreq = 5'.

Should we make this a default, Arnaud?

#if SUN_LIBUSB
#define DEFAULT_POLLFREQ	10	/* Polling interval, in seconds */
					/* The driver will do "light */
					/* poll" between full polls */
#else
#define DEFAULT_POLLFREQ	30	/* Polling interval, in seconds */
					/* The driver will wait for Interrupt */
					/* and do "light poll" in the meantime */
#endif

Eindhoven - The Netherlands