[Nut-upsuser] multiple machines

Simpson, Kenneth Kenneth.Simpson at ucsf.edu
Tue Feb 20 23:21:35 CET 2007

Hi - I have 5 Linux servers connected to 1 SmartUPS 2200 VA.

The software from APC for Linux requires a Windows machine be
present on the network as a server in order to manage the Linux
machines.

This is a show stopper for us since we don't have access to any
Windows machines.

My first impression of NUT is it can shutdown the machine connected
to the UPS via the serial cable but it can't shutdown the other machines.

Is this true?

If this is true, any ideas on how to shutdown the other machines?

-- Ken